GIDI: Infrastructure aims to enable and accelerate supply side transition in electricity and biomass, to help future-proof renewable energy supply chains and stay ahead of rising demand.
The programme is currently in design. Please check back for updates.
Biomass supply chain investment ROI
Increasing the availability of biomass as a fuel source is a critical next step in boosting and accelerating business decarbonisation.
Successful applicants from the ROI (registration of interest) phase that took place in April 2023 will be asked to participate in a subsequent Request for Proposals (RFP) phase in due course.
EECA’s proposed investment aims to address the 2 key biomass supply chain barriers identified through the Regional Energy Transition Accelerator (RETA) work we have carried out in the South Island:
- The need for increased recovery, collection, preparation, and processing of raw biomass.
- Increased production of boiler-ready fuel (e.g. hog fuel, dry chips, briquettes, and white pellets).
What kinds of projects is this for?
- Projects will be industry led, and be practical, deliverable, and replicable.
- A key criteria of funding is to establish that additional biomass fuel will be used for energy decarbonisation.
- Priority will be given to projects where there is confirmed demand-side decarbonisation through biomass use.
The RFP phase is still in design. Please check back for updates.