The Technology Demonstration Fund offers up to 50% co-funding to support energy and carbon savings through the early adoption of proven technology or an innovative process improvement opportunity.
- Co-funding is open to New Zealand registered businesses.
- Projects must be replicable to enable a greater impact across New Zealand.
- Projects won’t be considered if they have already started or will happen anyway.
- Co-funding is limited to $250,000 – or up to $500,000 if decarbonising industrial process heat.
What kind of project is this for?
We are looking for projects that:
- Reduce energy intensity or greenhouse gas emissions.
- Are applicable to multiple businesses in a sector.
- Are financially viable, with a reasonable payback period.
- Meet minimum cost-effectiveness requirements for energy benefits and carbon emission reductions.
- For technology-related projects, the technology must be proven but not necessarily fully commercialised.
- Businesses must commit to having their project independently monitored, and to promoting the project and outcomes.
- Priority is given to technologies that could be used by multiple businesses and across industry sectors.
Projects won’t be considered if they have already started or will happen anyway, or if they involve:
- Small-scale heat pumps (<10 kW).
- Residential products.
- Standard commercial lighting, including LEDs and office products.
- Solar hot water and photovoltaic panels.
- Electric light passenger vehicles (specialist electric vehicles may be considered).
- Wind, hydro, geothermal and marine electricity generation.
Driver optional – electric tractor leads the way
The arrival of the New Zealand’s first driver-optional, fully electric Californian MK-V Monarch tractor means Otago cherry farmer Mike Casey can now offer an entirely fossil fuel free product – the first of its kind in New Zealand.
Before applying, businesses need to develop a demonstration project plan which includes specific measurement and verification activities to confirm the project outcomes.
To apply, complete the application form below and email to email@example.com