The Energy Transition Accelerator programme offers up to 40% co-funding to help large businesses and public sector organisations onto a low emissions pathway.
- Co-funding is for large energy-using organisations.
- Co-funding is limited to a maximum of 40% of the cost of an ETA opportunities assessment.
- Maximum co-funding is capped at $35,000.
- Approved providers can advise on the best technically and economically viable decisions and investments.
A flagship programme run by EECA for large energy-using businesses and public sector organisation committed to reducing carbon emissions. An expert will help you onto a long-term pathway to emissions reduction by identifying technically and economically viable decisions and investments.
Co-funding of 40% (up to a maximum of $35,000) of the cost of an ETA Opportunities Assessment, completed by a suitably qualified provider chosen by your business from our ETA Programme Partner panel.
The ETA Opportunities Assessment will help identify opportunities and initiatives aligned to your business’s strategic and asset management plans. The resulting report is a strategic document built on a detailed technical basis and covers:
- assessment of stationary energy* use and related emissions across all your sites
- identification of new technology and process change opportunities
- identification of energy efficiency and heat recovery opportunities
- assessment of sustainable fuel switching options for fossil fuel assets such as boilers
- an initial emissions reduction pathway supported by a financial assessment of the options.
Following a successful application and completion of the Opportunity Assessment report, you may also be able to access EECA’s wider toolbox, including co-funding for projects recommended in the report.
The ETA process is completed with the direct support and involvement of your EECA Account Manager.
*ETA currently excludes the assessment of opportunities for transport fuels.
ETA Programme Partner Panel
Your business can choose an ETA Opportunities Assessment provider from our approved panel.
|Arup New Zealand Limited|
Location: Level 1 DLA Piper Tower, 205-209 Queen Street, Auckland, 1010
Contact: Elizabeth Halsted
Phone: 09 301 7000
Website: www.arup.com(external link)
|Aurecon New Zealand Ltd|
Location: Level 4, 139 Carlton Gore Rd, Newmarket, Auckland
Contact: Robert Barrack
Phone: 09 5238655
Website: www.aurecongroup.com(external link)
Location: 21 Pitt Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Contact: Jesse Monn
Phone: 09 303 5999
Website: www.beca.com(external link)
Location: L1, 351 Lincoln Road, Addington, Christchurch
Contact: Jeff Smit
Phone: 027 4333769
Website: www.deta.global(external link)
Elemental Group Limited
Location: 117 Powderham St, New Plymouth, 4310
Contact: Brett Rogers
Phone: 06 757 8161
Energy NZ Limited
Location: 12 Target Court, Glenfield, Auckland
Contact: Andy Logue
Phone: 09 488 0942
Website: www.energynz.com(external link)
Location: 210 Hazeldean Rd, Sydenham, Christchurch 8023
Contact: Ben Thomson
Phone: 027 202 6576
Website: www.lumen.net(external link)
Worley NZ Limited
Location: Level 6, 55 Shortland Street, Auckland 1010
Contact: Jennifer Randall
Phone: 021 756 590
Website: www.worleyparsons.com(external link)
Suitable organisations to undertake an ETA Opportunities Assessment could include, but are not limited to:
- meat, dairy and food processors
- minerals, wood and fibre processors
- large councils.
Your senior management will need to provide a direct commitment to EECA to undertake the ETA process and be willing to commit publically to carbon reduction targets.
Contact your usual EECA Account Manager to discuss your requirements, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org