This guide covers all EECA and Gen Less social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
In the interest of maintaining a safe space, harmful content which does not comply with our community guidelines will be hidden or deleted. By posting on our social media pages, you agree to abide by these guidelines. Please note, these channels are monitored between 9am and 5pm Monday – Friday, with additional monitoring as required during weekends, evenings, and busy periods.
- Be respectful. Comments that do not align with the Communication Principles outlined in the Harmful Digital Communication Act will be deleted.
- Do not spam us. Making the same point over and over either on the same or different posts is considered spam. If this happens, we will leave your first comment but hide the duplicates.
- Stay on topic. Only make comments that are relevant to the topic or theme of the post. If you disagree with our view on something and decide to make that point every time we post, your comments will be considered spam. You additionally may be banned from our pages.
- Do not share disinformation or misinformation. Any comments or posts that publish false or inaccurate information, deliberate lies or attempts to mislead will be hidden. While we cannot review all comments for accuracy, we reserve the right to reject comments we consider, on the balance of probabilities, to be deliberate falsehoods.
We may delete posts that contain:
- misinformation or spam
- commercial activity, including advertising
- unapproved use of the EECA or Gen Less brand
- comments that may compromise our obligation to maintain political neutrality
- content that is illegal, gives instructions for illegal activity or advocates illegal activities.
If a user is found to breach the above community guidelines, EECA and Gen Less reserve the right to:
- entirely remove inappropriate content
- ban users from its social media communities.
If we block you from our social media channels and you think we’ve made a mistake, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to seek an explanation.
If you engage with us on Facebook or Instagram, you are subject to the Facebook Terms of Service(external link).
If you engage with us on Twitter, you are subject to the Twitter Rules(external link).
If you engage with us on LinkedIn you are subject to the LinkedIn User Agreement(external link).
Comments and messages submitted to our social media pages may be used for reporting purposes.
Third Party Content
We often share links to third-party websites to encourage thought and discussions. This does not mean we endorse all of the views expressed on third-party website. We also don’t necessarily endorse all of the views expressed by others on our social media channels.
EECA is politically neutral. We do not advocate for a particular political party and our social media channels will not be used to promote any party’s political messages or other content.
The contents of our social media accounts are intended for informational purposes only. The Authority shall in no event accept any liability for loss or damage suffered by any person or body due to information provided on these sites or linked sites. The information on our social media sites and all government web sites is provided on the basis that persons accessing the web site undertake responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of its content.
For any queries, please contact email@example.com