Easy changes that count
We take everyday opportunities to reduce our energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. For example, we:
- videoconference instead of travel
- hire low-emission rental cars, such as electric or smaller models
- monitor electricity use with a building management system
- use clever technology such as lighting controls, motion sensors, modified air conditioning and energy efficient IT equipment
- replace lights with LED bulbs where possible
- collect and recycle waste including paper, batteries and compact fluorescent bulbs.
We’ve joined the Climate Leaders Coalition
As a member, we’ve committed to measuring and reporting our emissions, setting a public emissions reduction target, and working with suppliers to reduce their emissions. The coalition promotes business leadership and collective action on climate change.
We watch our offices’ energy performance
The floors we occupy in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch have a rating of 4 or 4.5 stars (representing 'excellent performance') out of a possible 6 under the NABERSNZ office building energy measurement and rating scheme.