Your chance to make a tangible difference in a key management position
Contribute to energy efficiency and emissions reduction in NZ
Full time, permanent role in our Wellington office
Mō te tūnga - About the role
Are you up for a new challenge in the emissions reduction space? We have an exciting opportunity managing our Products and Partnerships team for someone with a proven track record in effective people management, and a technical understanding of the energy industry.
The Manager, Products and Partnerships manages the development of products, programmes and strategic relationships with organisations and groups that align with EECA’s productive and low-emissions business strategic focus area – including our Sector Decarbonsation, Energy Transition Accelerator and Technology Demonstration programmes.
The key result areas for our Manager, Products and Partnerships role are:
- Managing a high performing team; coaching, mentoring, providing leadership and identifying development opportunities.
- Leveraging EECA messaging with the private sector through partnerships and joint initiatives.
- Promoting and diffusing successful technologies and decarbonisation approaches,
- Managing technical verification of project emissions savings and the investment performance of projects
To fill this role, we're looking for someone who has:
- Broad and deep energy sector experience and the ability to identify with the needs and perspectives of energy industry participants including process heat users
- Proven people leadership experience; including experience in influencing people, leading work programmes and coaching/mentoring staff
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field and or equivalent experience.
Above all, you'll need to have a passion for EECA’s purpose.
Mō mātou - About us
The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) is a government agency whose purpose is to mobilise New Zealanders to be world leaders in clean and clever energy use. Our strategic focus areas are based on influencing the energy decisions in the transport, business, and residential sectors. This is a unique opportunity to join a government agency with a strong focus on delivery, and to do meaningful work with motivated people that has a tangible impact on the lives of New Zealanders.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
If you are interested in learning more about what the role involves, please read the position description below.
In order to be considered, please submit your CV and cover letter to Siobhan Tanner by email at firstname.lastname@example.org before before 5.00pm on Friday 30 July 2021.