Help us improve energy efficiency and reduce climate change impacts
Bring your experience with data science to a new role
Opportunities to learn and develop
He angitūtanga | The opportunity
We have an exciting new opportunity to join our Evidence, Insights and Innovation team here at EECA. This team is responsible for ensuring EECA’s programme portfolio is led and managed by using sound evidence, intelligence and insights, and that energy efficiency programmes are designed and delivered with clear benefits to New Zealand.
The key responsibilities of our Data Scientist role include:
- Providing statistical and computational analysis across relevant datasets, to support EECA’s work programmes
- Contributing to ongoing energy modelling using TIMES-NZ (NZ Energy Scenarios TIMES-NZ(external link)) and other relevant energy modelling tools
- Contribute analysis to support energy efficiency and the switch to renewable energy
- Maintaining key data metrics within a data warehouse
- Communicating data through visualisation.
To fill this role, we're looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of experience in a data scientist role
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent work experience in a related subject (statistics, computer science, engineering, or relevant discipline)
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative analytics methodologies
- Experience working with MS Azure cloud environments, including Azure Synapse Analytics or DataBricks or equivalent cloud ETL platforms, working within Azure data science VM environments, and code version control management discipline working with GitHub
- Proficiency in use of analytics and data visualisation tools specifically SQL, R, Python, Julia, Jupyter notebooks, RShiny, Power BI
Above all, you'll need to have a passion for EECA’s purpose.
- Free medical insurance through Southern Cross
- Support for training and development, and opportunities for progression
- An excellent working environment; tight-knit, collaborative and passionate work culture.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
If you are interested in learning more about what the role involves, please see the position description below.
In order to be considered, please submit your CV and cover letter by email to Siobhan Tanner at email@example.com before before 11.59pm on Wednesday 25 May, 2022.