Consultations and proposals
We have the following consultations and tenders. We post our tenders on the Government Electronic Tenders Service (GETS).
Current consultations, tenders and RFPs
2019/20 Energy Levies
The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) has consulted* on its proposed energy levy-funded activities for the 2019/20 year, as follows:
- Petroleum or Engine Fuel Monitoring (PEFM) levy: $7.5 million (54%)
- Electricity industry levy: $5.2 million (38%)
- Gas Safety, Monitoring and Energy Efficiency (GSMEE) levy: $1.1 million (8%)
Please find the submissions that EECA received on its 2019/20 energy levy consultation proposal below.
EECA 2019-20 Energy Levies Submissions
- BANZ Energy Levy Submission 2019-20 [PDF 242KB]
- Christchurch City Council Energy Levy Submission 2019-20 [PDF 39KB]
- First Gas Energy Levy Submission 2019-20 [PDF 204KB]
- Genesis Energy Levy Submission 2019-20 [PDF 416KB]
- KiwiRail Energy Levy Submission 2019-20 [PDF 147KB]
- MEUG Energy Levy Submission 2019-20 [PDF 451KB]
- MGUG Energy Levy Submission 2019-20 [PDF 102KB]
- Meridian Energy Levy Submission 2019-20 [PDF 216KB]
- NZ Automobile Energy Levy Submission 2019-20 [PDF 40KB]
- Trustpower Energy Levy Submission 2019-20 [PDF 671KB]
- Z Energy Energy Levy Submission 2019-20 [PDF 121KB]
EECA has considered the submissions and the Minister of Energy and Resources will make a decision on EECA’s final 2019/20 energy levies appropriation. This will be announced as part of Budget 2019.
The levy consultation document is available here:
* Consultation was open from 13 November to 14 December 2018.
Hot water systems policy framework and roadmap 2018
We have released a policy framework and five year roadmap for consultation to improve the energy efficiency of all hot water system technologies, and we are holding public consultation meetings in November.
We welcome any feedback, comments or suggestions. Written submissions are due by 5pm, Thursday 31 January 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public consultation meetings
We are holding two public consultation meetings in Australia and one in New Zealand. Representatives from the Australian Department of the Environment and Energy and EECA will be present at the NZ meeting.
If you would like to attend one of the meetings below, please RSVP to email@example.com by 5pm, 20 November 18 - please include any dietary requirements.
|Auckland||Karstens||Tuesday 27 November 18||10am - 12pm|
|Melbourne||Park Royal Melbourne Airport||Wednesday 28 November 18||10am - 12pm|
|Sydney||Pullman Sydney Airport||Thursday 29 November 18||10am - 12pm|