Help from your council

These local councils allow you to pay insulation and heating costs as part of your rates bills (at a set interest rate). Contact them directly for more information.

Your insulation and/or heater installer will help you choose the right product for your needs. Providers use different products – if you’re after a particular product you may need to call a few providers to find it.

Help from your bank

If you have a mortgage with one of these banks, you might be able to add the cost of insulating your home to your mortgage. Contact them directly for more information.

  • Grants for heaters and insulation

    Before looking into payment options, check if you could get an insulation or heater grant under the government’s Warmer Kiwi Homes programme.

  • Ill or have a disability?

    You can apply for help with the cost of heating your home.