Publicly Available Specifications development
Publicly Available Specifications (PAS) are voluntary documents developed by Standards New Zealand. We've commissioned four PAS to provide best practice guidance on:
- Biomass boilers
- High temperature heat pumps
- Electric vehicle chargers for residential use
- Electric vehicle chargers for commercial use.
These help inform New Zealand’s shift towards low carbon technologies. The PAS will include:
- an introduction to the topic for general readers
- a checklist for the buyer, and
- a technical specification for energy performance.
The PAS will also be used to specify requirements for encouraging uptake of energy efficient technologies through our funding and support programmes.
All four PAS projects are currently underway. The draft documents will be released for public comment towards the end of 2020.
To register for updates on the public comment period, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the technology you would like updates on.