ENERGY STAR® partners
There are major benefits for your business in becoming an ENERGY STAR® partner, and joining is free.
Benefits of being an ENERGY STAR partner
- It’s exclusive - only super energy efficient products can qualify for the mark.
- It’s easy for consumers to understand.
- It offers a strong point of difference between your products and less efficient products.
- ENERGY STAR is New Zealand’s only independent, government-backed mark of energy efficiency. Having the mark validates your products’ energy efficiency claims.
Become an ENERGY STAR partner
To ask about becoming an ENERGY STAR partner email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for product partners
To become a product partner you must:
- have an office or distribution centre in New Zealand
- have products that comply with New Zealand regulatory standards and electrical safety
- have products that meet ENERGY STAR specifications
- have products that fit into current ENERGY STAR product categories
- commit to the programme by referencing the ENERGY STAR Partner logo on your website and in advertising where applicable.
Criteria for retail partners
To become a New Zealand ENERGY STAR retail partner you must:
- have at least two retail outlets in New Zealand and coordinate a domestic marketing programme with reference to ENERGY STAR on your website and in advertising
- sell at least two ENERGY STAR qualified models from one ENERGY STAR product category
- show your commitment to energy efficiency by actively promoting ENERGY STAR to your customers and staff.