Round 4 investment focus
This funding round seeks proposals for public EV charging infrastructure such as hyper power chargers to support and accelerate wider deployment and market uptake of electric vehicles as a key part of New Zealand’s move to low emission transport.
Up to $1 million is available in this funding round for public charging infrastructure projects that meet the specification for the six identified locations.
Additional funding rounds will open from mid-2022.
Launch of Round 4 of the LETF
Watch our webinar for information on this round of the Low Emissions Transport Fund.
Round 4 objectives
Up to $1 million is available in this round to seek proposals for a set of six pre-identified locations, with the co-funding to be committed by 30 June 2022.
Locations are grouped into priorities. EECA will seek to fulfill Priority One locations before approving applications for Priority Two locations. Locations within each priority group are in no particular order.
Read the Appendix to the Request for Proposals document to find out the specifications required for each location.
This RFP relates to the co-funding of public charging infrastructure. The outcomes we want to achieve are:
- Responses specific to the identified locations, meeting the specifications provided by EECA.
- Support EV uptake and provide consumers with confidence in the availability of public electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- Ensure charging infrastructure standards such as interoperability, connectivity and energy efficiency are adequately met.
- Provide the Government and industry with information and guidance to better inform planning and optimal investment.
- Encourage new entrants and competition for provision of charging infrastructure and service providers.
- Enable innovation in new technology and business models.
- Support the transition to a net-zero emissions economy.
Note, charging projects must be a minimum of $50,000 in total core project costs to qualify. Find more information on this in the RFP document.
Recipients will be required to share knowledge, reporting and data with EECA as part of the Funding Agreement which will set out how, when and with whom it will be shared.
How to apply
Download the key documents for this round and submit your proposal to LETFund@eeca.govt.nz by 12pm Wednesday 25 May 2022.
Email LETFund@eeca.govt.nz with any questions.
What is excluded?
This RFP is for the six specified locations only. In addition, the overall Low Emission Transport Fund (LETF) exclusions apply to this round, along with the exclusions included in the RFP document.
In addition to these, projects that involve biofuels, marine vessels, aviation and other classes of off-road vehicles are excluded in this round and will be explored in future funding rounds — get in touch with us to discuss any project ideas involving these areas.
Things to note
- Private charging infrastructure and projects which are largely for the benefit of a private entity or only provide limited public access are excluded.
- Chargers are expected to be interoperable.
|RFP released||9am Wednesday 27 April 2022|
|Deadline for questions||4pm Wednesday 18 May 2022|
|Deadline for proposals||12pm Wednesday 25 May 2022|
|Decision announced||From mid-June 2022|
Get in touch
We're happy to discuss your project ideas and likely eligibility. For any enquiries, such as questions on the scope of the fund or help completing the Response Form, contact Camilla Cochrane at LETFund@eeca.govt.nz.