Round 3 investment focus
This funding round sought proposals that demonstrate a range of low emission technologies, services, infrastructure, innovations and business models (e.g. Mobility-as-a-Service/MaaS, transport technology and software projects), and low emission on-road vehicles.
Up to $5.0 million was available in this funding round.
Round 3 closed on 15 June 2022.
Successful applicants to Round 3 will be announced in mid-2022.
New funding rounds will open from mid-2022.
Round 3 objectives
This round's investment focus looks for projects that will meet specific objectives around technology, vehicles, and software and support.
- Encourage innovation in approaches and technologies that can result in transport decarbonisation through, for example, smart charging and software to reduce or defer peak electricity demand, and optimisation of the use of low emission vehicles and other modes of transport, Mobility-as-a-Service applications.
- Provide charging infrastructure technology which demonstrates the ability of technology to address constrained infrastructure or power availability at charging locations of interest.
Vehicles and vessels
- Demonstrate low emission vehicles or marine electric outboard motors meeting the specification with a new business case, demonstration opportunity in a new sector or use case, or address significant barriers in an organisation or sector.
- Demonstrate opportunities to consolidate the existing fleet of vehicles and provide innovative ways to transport people and goods.
Software and support
- Provide software applications that will accelerate the transition of the fleet to zero emissions.
- Support the development of low emission transport maintenance, repair and other support services.
- Support the development of battery recycling and repurposing services.
Charging infrastructure technology is included in this round, where it is an integral part of a vehicle or technology project.
Recipients will be required to share knowledge, reporting and data with EECA as part of the Funding Agreement, which will outline how, when and with whom it will be shared.
How to apply
These documents are for reference only. Round 3 closed on 15 June 2022.
Email LETFund@eeca.govt.nz with any questions.
What is excluded?
The overall Low Emission Transport Fund (LETF) exclusions apply to this round, along with the exclusions included in the RFP document.
In addition to these, projects that involve biofuels, marine vessels, aviation and other classes of off-road vehicles are excluded in this round and will be explored in future funding rounds — get in touch with us to discuss any project ideas involving these areas.
|RFP released||9am Wednesday 27 April 2022|
|Deadline for questions||4pm Wednesday 25 May 2022|
|Deadline for proposals extended to:||12pm Wednesday 15 June 2022|
|Decision announced||From mid-August 2022|
Get in touchWe're happy to discuss your project ideas and likely eligibility. For any enquiries, such as questions on the scope of the fund or help completing the Response Form, email LETFund@eeca.govt.nz.