Help us to deliver on our commitment to inspiring clean and clever energy use in NZ
Rare part-time opportunity with great work/life balance
Permanent role in our Wellington office.
Mō te tūnga - About the role
Now is the time to join EECA, as we’re growing our organisation to meet the challenge of reducing energy-related emissions in New Zealand. The Senior Solicitor role is brand new for us, and we’re looking for an experienced lawyer to assist in providing inhouse legal support and advice to EECA staff. This is a permanent part-time opportunity at about 23 hours per week – perfect for someone who is returning to the workforce or looking to reduce their working hours.
The Senior Solicitor’s role will encompass all legal aspects of commercial, technology, privacy, IP, risk, marketing, property and legislative compliance work. Because of the breadth of EECA’s programmes, the work will be quite varied and dynamic!
The key result areas for our Senior Solicitor include:
- Assisting the Manager, Procurement and Property in managing the suite of legal service providers, ensuring timely delivery of requested services
- Drafting and negotiating contracts as needed, managing and advising on all stages of the legal component of the contract management lifecycle (variation, extension, termination etc.) and issues that require legal escalation or resolution
- Providing mentoring and training to EECA teams to improve the legal aspects of contract management quality assurance, risk management and outcomes.
To fill this role, we're looking for someone who has:
- A tertiary qualification in Law and a current New Zealand Law Society Practising Certificate (or the ability to obtain one)
- Experience working with/for the public sector or as an inhouse counsel
- At least six years’ post-admission experience
- Solid commercial law experience, as well as experience in several of the following areas: construction or major works contracts, energy, IP, procurement, technology, IT, public and administrative law, consumer and marketing, property.
Above all, you'll need to have a passion for EECA’s purpose.
Mō mātou - About us
The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) is a government agency whose purpose is to mobilise New Zealanders to be world leaders in clean and clever energy use. Our strategic focus areas are based on influencing the energy decisions in the transport, business, and residential sectors. This is a unique opportunity to join a government agency with a strong focus on delivery, and to do meaningful work with motivated people that has a tangible impact on the lives of New Zealanders.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
If you are interested in learning more about what the role involves, please read the position description below.
In order to be considered, please submit your CV and cover letter by email to Siobhan Tanner at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5.00pm on Monday 2nd August 2021.