Enjoy a role with meaning, where you can make a positive difference
Contribute your policy experience to informing energy decisions that affect all of Aotearoa
Full time, permanent role in our Wellington office.
Mō mātou - About us
The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA) is a government agency whose purpose is to mobilise New Zealanders to be world leaders in clean and clever energy use. Our strategic focus areas are based on influencing the energy decisions in the transport, business, and residential sectors. This is a unique opportunity to join a government agency with a strong focus on delivery, and to do meaningful work with motivated people that has a tangible impact on the lives of New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga - About the role
This role sits within EECA's Policy and Engagement Team, as part of our wider Strategy, Insights and Regulations Group.
Key responsibilities of the Advisor role include:
- Providing coordination and support for the Policy and Engagement team functions at EECA
- Supporting EECA to provide sound advice, information and other assistance to the Minister and other Parliamentary representatives
- Coordinating and collating information to assist in the preparation, drafting and editing of relevant responses to EECA stakeholders.
To fill this role, we're looking for someone who has:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and 1-2 years of policy work experience
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated research skills
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills; both written and verbal
- Experience dealing with Ministers’ Offices (desirable).
Above all, you'll need to have a passion for EECA’s purpose.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
If you are interested in learning more about what the role involves, please read the position description below.
In order to be considered, please submit your CV and cover letter to Siobhan Tanner by email at email@example.com before 5.00pm on Monday 17th May.