Become an ENERGY STAR partner
Becoming an ENERGY STAR partner doesn't cost anything and gives you access to New Zealand's mark of energy efficiency.
To become a partner:
To become a partner you must first ensure that your business and products meet the ENERGY STAR partner criteria:
- Criteria and registration process for new manufacturers/distributor partners
- Criteria and registration process for new retail partners
An ENERGY STAR partner has committed to:
- Use the ENERGY STAR mark in their marketing activities to promote their qualified products, their status as an ENERGY STAR partner, and the programme in general.
- Encourage their retail partners to use the logo when promoting their qualified products
- Help maintain the integrity of the ENERGY STAR programme by using the marks in accordance with the ENERGY STAR Brand Guidelines
EECA's commitment as a partner:
- Increase awareness and understanding of ENERGY STAR in New Zealand by undertaking a variety of marketing activities.
- Help partners get the best from ENERGY STAR by providing marketing advice and support.
- Support your staff training on the benefits of ENERGY STAR.
Only ENERGY STAR partners can use the ENERGY STAR mark. This offers a number of benefits including:
- Validation of energy efficiency - it's New Zealand's only independent, government backed, mark of energy efficiency.
- Exclusivity - only the most energy efficient products qualify for the mark in each category.
- Simplicity - it's easy for consumers to understand.
- Differentiation - it offers a strong point of difference for qualified products.
Partners can also leverage the consumer brand awareness of the ENERGY STAR mark and EECA's marketing activities such as The Energy Spot.