ENERGY STAR® for partners
Becoming an ENERGY STAR partner is voluntary and doesn't cost anything, while offering significant benefits to your business, including:
- Validation of energy efficiency claims - it's New Zealand's only independent, government backed, mark of energy efficiency.
- Exclusivity - only New Zealand's most energy efficient products qualify for ENERGY STAR.
- Simplicity - it's easy for your customers to understand, there's no interpreting ratings or reading brochures to figure out energy efficiency.
- Differentiation - it offers a strong point of difference for qualified products.
- Tangible benefits for consumers - lower power bills, financial savings and environmental benefits.
- Partners can leverage EECA's extensive marketing campaigns, like the Energy Spot.
- Access to Government funding - partners can access grants and funding programmes for heat pumps and solar water heating systems.
On this page:
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) launched ENERGY STAR in 1992, with the aim of promoting energy efficient products to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Check out the US ENERGY STAR website for more information (external link).
ENERGY STAR has been part of EECA's successful products programme since 2005.
The products programme provides information on how much electricity appliances use through energy rating labels, how much fuel cars use through vehicle fuel economy labels, and by preventing the most energy inefficient products being sold in New Zealand through minimum energy performance standards (MEPS).
ENERGY STAR is an integral part of EECA's ongoing ENERGYWISE information programme. ENERGYWISE activities increase awareness and promote the benefits of energy efficient technologies and practices across all sectors of the New Zealand economy.
Partnerships with leading New Zealand distributors, manufacturers and retailers are key to the success of the ENERGY STAR programme in New Zealand.
Currently in New Zealand there is a diverse range of businesses and brands already taking advantage of being aligned with ENERGY STAR.
Find out more about: