Biofuels reports and research funding
The following useful reports, studies and resources have been produced on biofuels.
Reports on sustainability and biofuel sources:
- Rising food prices and biofuels (September 2008)
- Food prices and biofuels (updated report - June 2009)
- Brazilian sugarcane sustainability report (May 2008)
- Labour issues connected to the production of Brazilian sugarcane ethanol (April 2012)
- Cost effective sustainable fuels for performance vehicles (August 2008)
- Bioenergy options for New Zealand - visit Scion Research (August 2008)
- Primary energy and greenhouse gas emissions from biodiesel made from NZ tallow (2006)
- Peer Review for Canola (Rapeseed) Life Cycle Assessment (July 2008)
- Biodiesel from tallow (November 2002)
Consumer factsheets and research:
- Consumer information on biofuel sustainability - report (February 2008)
- Consumer research into the motivators and barriers to using biofuel blends- EECA and AC Nielsen (July 2007)
Biofuels - general:
- Working with Bioethanol-Blended Petrol- booklet (July 2009)
- Results of corrosion testing of bioethanol blended fuel on aluminium engine components - report (July 2009).
- Acceptance of the use of biodiesel fuels in vehicle and engine applications in New Zealand (September 2010) A report by Andrew Campbell which looks at vehicle compatibility with biodiesel blends.
- Biodiesel use in the marine sector (May 2012)
There are funding programmes available that are working towards the development of biofuels for New Zealand.
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment has funding programmes availabe for research and development.
Assistance for business development is also available through New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE).