Biofuels Conference 2005
Over 130 delegates attended EECA's biofuels conference on Thursday 21 April 2005 in Wellington.
Attendees ranged from those involved in the production of biofuels, through to representatives from car companies, government officials and oil companies.
Click on the links below to see speaker presentations.
Government policy and actions
Hon Pete Hodgson, Minister for Transport and Climate Change
- Click here to view the Minister's speech [PDF 36KB]
Current international status and experiences of the introduction and acceptance of biofuels
Jean Cadu, Biofuel Development Manager, Shell International
- Click here to view presentation [PDF 405KB]
Progressing biofuels in New Zealand
Liz Yeaman, Senior Advisor, EECA
- Click here to view presentation [PDF 496KB]
Case study: development of the Motherwell biodiesel facility. Future plans for involvement in New Zealand
Andy Hunter, Chief Executive, Argent Energy and Doug Ward, Managing Director, Argent Group
- Click here to view presentation [PDF 499KB]
The position of the New Zealand motor industry on biofuels
Perry Kerr, Chief Executive, Motor Industry Association
- Click here to view presentation [PDF 105KB]
Earthrace - Racing around the world for a better planet
Peter Bethune, Director, Earthrace
Biofuel blends and current New Zealand field trials
Barry Blackett, Technical Manager, BP New Zealand
- Click here to view presentation [PDF 831KB]
Ethanol production in New Zealand
Tim Mackle, General Manager, Fonterra Ethanol Co.
- Click here to view presentation [PDF 412KB]