Many Government organisations have large vehicle fleets. Government organisations can make significant savings on fuel costs by:
When assessing your organistions energy use, it’s important to include the petrol and diesel used by the cars in your vehicle fleet. An audit of your fleet’s performance is a great way to identify opportunities for reducing your overall fuel bill.
The audit can help you with:
- Improving fuel monitoring and reporting
- Better matching of vehicles with tasks
- Improving trip management for less driving
- Fine-tuning driving habits
- Highlighting fuel card inconsistencies.
A fleet audit will give you a detailed report outlining:
- How your fleet compares with best practice
- What potential there is for fuel savings
- What potential savings there are in other areas
- How easy savings would be to achieve
- How much it would cost to change your fleet (or part of your fleet).
If your organisation has a fleet of more than 50 vehicles, you may be eligible for a fleet audit grant of up to 50% of the cost of the audit (up to a maximum of $10,000).