Special events highlight the latest and the best in energy efficiency and conservation, and renewable energy.
- NZ Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition - ran 20-22 March in Wellington, providing industry with a chance to explore the opportunities and challenges in fulfilling its potential. Find out more and download presentations on the NZ Wind Energy Association website.
- NZ Downstream conference - ran 6-7 March, Auckland. This event focused on key regulatory, strategic, commercial and stakeholder issues for the energy industry. Find out more on the NZ Downstream website.
- Power Shift NZ-Pacific 2012 - ran December 7-9 2012, Auckland University. 350 Aotearoa and Generation Zero organised New Zealand's first ever Power Shift event - a 3-day youth climate summit for youth aged 16 to 30 years old from all over NZ and the Pacific. Find out more on the Power Shift website.
- SEANZ Smart Energy Expo and Conference - ran 22-24 November in Wellington. This conference and exhibition was organised by the Sustainable Electricity Association New Zealand (SEANZ). Find out more on the event website.
- Sustainable City Showcase - ran 22-24 November in Auckland, organised by the Sustainable Business Network, in association with Waterfront Auckland, Element magazine and greenideas. To find out more visit the Sustainable City Showcase website.
- Plug In: The Electric Vehicle Symposia - ran 22 November in Auckland and 23 November in Wellington. This event gave both a local and global perspective for organisations and individuals interested in the electric vehicle sector. View presentations from the event on the APEV website.
- NZI National Sustainable Business Network Awards 2012 - ran 22 November in Auckland. These awards celebrated the efforts of businesses and individuals that have demonstrated progress in sustainability and are reshaping their business models for a more sustainable future. EECA sponsored the medium business category. Find out more.
- Deloitte Energy Excellence Awards - ran 15 August 2012 in Auckland. EECA was proud to sponsor the Outstanding Contribution to the Sector Award at this event. Find out more about the awards.
- Bioenergy Association of New Zealand Conference - realising the opportunities from biofuels and bioproducts from woody biomass, ran 7 June in Rotorua. For more information and copies of the presentations visit the BANZ website.
- EECA Awards 2012 - celebrating excellence and innovation in energy efficiency and renewable energy. The Awards cover nine categories, and entries were received from innovative projects and programmes throughout New Zealand. Winners were announced on Wednesday 23 May 2012 at the Langham Hotel, Auckland. To find out more about the Awards, visit the EECA Business website.
- Downstream - the energy sector's new annual conference was held in Auckland on March 6 and 7 2012. It featured a line-up of key industry stakeholders and influencers who discussed a broad range of issues pertinent to the electricity, downstream gas and petroleum industries.
- The NZI National Sustainable Business Network Awards and Sustainability Showcase was held 8 - 9 November in Auckland. EECA was pleased to sponsor the Trailblazer - Small to Medium Business Award in the 2011 SBN Awards. Find out more about the awards and showcase on the SBN website.
- The SEANZ Conference 2011 ran 31 Oct - 1 Nov in Christchurch. This conference was aimed at individuals wanting to grow and develop the small scale renewable distributed generation industry. For further information, visit the SEANZ website.
- The Clean Energy Expo ran 13-16 October 2011 in Taupo. The expo was part of the REAL New Zealand Showcase - a programme coordinated by the NZ2011 Office to present the very best of New Zealand business, innovation, expertise and excellence to the world during Rugby World Cup 2011. EECA had an exhibition stand featuring a range of information on energy efficiency and renewable energy. The event was held at the New Zealand Clean Energy Centre (NZCEC) in Taupo.
- The Bioenergy Liquid Biofuels Conference 2011 ran in Wellington, 12 August 2011. The conference, sponsored by EECA was entitled "Celebrating Biofuels Today, Ensuring Biofuels for Tomorrow". It covered New Zealand's growing use of biofuels in a range of sectors as we move towards advanced biofuels of the future. Find out more on the Bioenergy Association of New Zealand website.
- The 7th Australia-New Zealand Climate Change and Business Conference ran 1-2 August 2011 in Wellington. The conference explored what climate change means for business and how businesses can maximise the opportunities and mitigate the risks. View presentations from the conference.
- IRHACE Conference 2011 - the Institute of Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning, and Engineers of NZ held their 21st Annual Conference in Rotorua, at the Rotorua Convention Centre 19th - 22nd May 2011. The theme for this year was "Energy Efficiency and Compliance".
- The Residues to Revenues 2011 conference ran 30 - 31 March 2011. This industry focused conference and exhibition provides an update on new technologies, research, changing standards and key developments within the forest and wood residues industry.
- The 2010 EECA Awards were held on 25 November 2010 in Auckland. The Awards celebrated organisations who have demonstrated excellence and innovation in energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
- The EECA Biofuels and Electric Vehicles Conference ran 21 April 2010 in Wellington. New Zealand's principal industry conference on biofuels and electric vehicles, featuring a range of international and local speakers.