EECA Biofuels & Electric Vehicles Conference 2010
The EECA Biofuels and Electric Vehicles Conference 2010 was held on Wednesday 21 April 2010, at Te Papa in Wellington, and once again featured a high quality line up of international keynote and New Zealand speakers.
The annual conference is New Zealand's principal industry conference on biofuels and electric vehicles, and is an opportunity for the industry to come together to discuss the state of play on renewable transport in New Zealand, and overseas.
The conference, a must for industry participants, investors and commentators seeking greater insights into the state of the renewable transport sector both in New Zealand and internationally, was attended by over 170 people.
Speakers at the conference were in 2010:
- Shinsuke Suzuki, General Manager of Technology Marketing, Nissan Motors Japan
Nissan's global direction on electric vehicles and their suitability for New Zealand.
- Michio Shinohara, General Manager and Chief Engineer, Environment and Safety Planning Office, Honda Japan
Honda's development of new energy vehicles - with a focus on biofuels and electromotive vehicles
- Elizabeth Beall, Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels
Why sustainable biofuels are a necessity
- Francisca Pacheco, Electric Mobility Consultant, Portugal
The Portuguese Electric Mobility Model - enhancing the role of renewable energy
- Ted Peck, Administrator Strategic Industries Division, Dept of Business, Economic Development & Tourism, Hawaii
Hawaii Clean Energy Initiative: a clean energy economy with biofuels and electric vehicles
[via video conference]
- Yutaka Matsumoto, Project General Manager, R&D Management Division, Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan
Toyota's R&D Activities for Realising Sustainable Mobility
- Nigel Broomhall, Technology Partnership Manager, Meridian Energy
National Electric Vehicles Cost Benefit Assessment and 2009 pilot review
- Trevor Stuthridge, Group Manager, Sustainable Design Scion Research
Marginal land and lignocellulosics: NZ's natural advantage for future transport fuel needs
- Steve Henry, Manager, Centre for Sustainable Practice, Otago Polytechnic
Implementing commercial scale biofuel in Queenstown
- Rupert Craggs, Group Manager Aquatic Pollution, NIWA
The NIWA / Solray wastewater algae to bio-crude oil demonstration.
- 2010 conference speakers
- 2010 conference programme
- Previous EECA Biofuels & Electric Vehicles Conferences
- Bioenergy Association of New Zealand's (BANZ) annual liquid biofuels workshop registrations
- Accommodation in Wellington
- Things to see and do in Wellington
EECA would like to thanks the following sponsors of the EECA Biofuels and Electric Vehicles Conference 2010:
Thanks also to Energy News, the official media partner for the conference.